General Question about Streaming
Video streaming is the delivery of video and audio over the web. Video files are accessed via a link on a web page. Playback is through an ordinary PC, laptop, computer or mobile phones without videotapes or DVDs etc. Video resources are provided 'on demand' or 'live' without the need for lengthy downloads.
Any person with an Internet connection can view video files. Access can be restricted as well as open as per needs and requirements of the Video Publishing Client. Further restrictions can be applied if necessary.
To be able to view the webcast on any type of personal computer, you need an installed sound card and speakers or headphones.
- For PC users, a Pentium processor is preferred. In addition, you need a broadband Internet connection.
- For Mobile Phone Users, a streaming supported mobile phone with Internet access.
Yes, we deliver audio - video over HTTP port 80 or 8080. Do contact your system admin to enable the port to access the webcast.
Refresh the page from where you are viewing the webcast. You can press F5 or 'Ctrl+r' on your keyboard.
You might be experiencing low bandwidth/connectivity at you end. The streams will automatically start as soon as you reach the required level of connectivity.
We provide automatic upgradation of Flash Media Player in case an end user has older version of Flash media player installed.
You require Adobe Flash Media Player 9 or above.
While webcasting usually covers only one aspect of live event i.e delivery of webcast, managed webcasting covers all aspects of a live webcast: content acquisition, encoding, delivery, content integration with customer's website and overall management and coordination.
Yes - Streamonweb has necessary technologies and equipments through it can acquire and webcast content from locations that have no Internet connectivity.
You can monetize on your content in two different ways:
1) by offering advertising and sponsorships along with your video content
2) by offering your content on paid basis (pay-per-view and/or subscription).
- On-Demand content is a prerecorded audio/video media content file that is archived. Users can then request the On-Demand file for viewing/listening at any point in time. Learn more about On-Demand Streaming.
- Live Webcasting is when any event is webcast in real time. Once the broadcast is over the content is no longer available to users unless it is placed in an On-Demand archive account. Learn more about Live Webcasting.
No, all content is seemlessly served from your website. We provide you with the needed links to access your media. In case you don't have a website, Streamonweb is happy to lend it's own website Infrastructure.
Our technical support experts are standing by 24/7 to ensure the fastest and most reliable delivery of your content.
Mp4, FLV plus many others.
The content is typically encoded at multiple bitrates and delivered as a series of small "chunks". The client dynamically switches between chunks of different sizes (quality levels) depending on network bandwidth and CPU capability, allowing users to always receive the best level of video quality they possibly can.
Yes we offer discounts for a one year advance payment.
We offer customised solutions. Please contact us in order to get right pricing.